What is God's will for my life?


What is God's will for my life?

I have agonized over this question since I was in high school as long as I can remember. With every decision I've made I've silently questioned if it was "God's WILL for my life." Filling my life with endless question marks.


Am I really suppose to be a nurse. Sure, I enjoy nursing. I feel like I'm a good nurse. But what if God's WILL was for me to be a teacher, a veterinarian, an overseas missionary? What if I'm so off coarse I can't even see His perfect plan for me?


Then just the other day, I read something. It stood out to me like it was written in neon flashing lights.


What if...God's WILL is not so much a path we must choose, but a way of walking. 


I read those words over and over again. Could it really be that simple? If that is true it changes how I view everything about my life.


And then I was reminded of one of my very favorite Bible verses 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18.


Rejoice always.
Pray without ceasing.
Give thanks in all circumstances.
THIS is God's WILL for us in Christ Jesus. 


It was there all along, so simple I missed it. No tests to pass. No paths to agonize over. No choices to torment me. If I do these things I cannot fail.


Life is demanding, grueling, exhausting. It's not always easy to rejoice and give thanks. Our problems are big but rest assured our God is BIGGER, and for this I give thanks.



Comments

Popular Posts