Full Term!

It's official Baby #2 is now considered FULL TERM!  Of coarse, I may still be pregnant another 3 or 4 weeks although I would be thrilled if it was more like 2 weeks!  I think the hardest part of this last month of pregnancy is the unknown (for me anyway).  You know your life is about to change in a HUGE way but...you don't know when.  I have been cleaning and doing laundry much more diligently than before because I don't want a messy house and overflowing laundry basket when I do go into labor.  I have also been trying to enjoy and savor each full night of sleep I am getting (even with multiple bathroom breaks I know it is a much more solid nights sleep than I will be getting after our sweet little boy arrives).  I am such a planner I think the last few weeks would be much easier if I just knew the exact date I was going to go into labor.  However, unless you are having an induction or scheduled cesarean section you don't have that luxury and I'd rather do without the induction and cesarean.

Taegan and I have been spending lots of QT together too...to the point that I think we have actually gotten on each others nerves a few time.  Oh well, such is a mother/daughter relationship...right?!  She has started telling people "baby brothers STILL in there" and pointing to my belly.  Today she actually told someone "Mommy's belly is getting really big!" Thanks, Sweetie ;)

So far this pregnancy has been much easier than my first pregnancy.  I had horrible morning sickness for the first 15 weeks when I was pregnant with Taegan.  During the second trimester I felt good but once the third trimester rolled around I had sciatica and I was truly miserable the last 3 weeks to the point that getting dressed and putting on shoes was a huge chore.  This pregnancy has been great, I was really tired during the first trimester and had a few awful migraine headaches but no real morning sickness.  The second trimester went great and so far the third trimester hasn't been bad.  Although, there have been days my hips have ached and I have been just plain uncomfortable (usually after a busy shift at work...nursing is true physical labor) overall I have been feeling pretty good.  Especially considering Baby #2 is now the size of a watermelon!




A Re-Cap of the Third Trimester (Bump Poses) so far...


28 Weeks - Bump Pose



32 Weeks - Bump Pose.  No official sign this week since we were on vacation at OBX.



34 Weeks - Bump Pose.  We had a growth spurt between weeks 32 and 34.  




FULL TERM - 37 Weeks - Bump Pose



Modeling my new hair do and big ole baby bump!

And so we continue to wait...hopefully our baby boy will follow in his sister's footsteps and come a week before his estimated due date...but only time will tell!



Comments

Popular Posts