The Practice of Patience

I am fully aware that your Estimated Due Date (EDD) is just that, an estimate and babies come (in most cases) sometime within a four week period around that date (two weeks before and two weeks after) it isn't an expiration date or eviction date.  However, I am really hoping to have this baby within the next week!  I am 39 weeks pregnant today and growing bigger, more uncomfortable, and more impatient by the day.  I went into labor on my own at 39 weeks 3 days with Taegan so I never had to face the dreaded dilemma of seeing my due date written in big letters and circled on my calendar come and go without a baby arriving.

I am one of those strange woman who actually enjoy being pregnant.  I have had a wonderful pregnancy and have had very few complaints until last week...and then my lower back and hips started to ache, I have had lots of headaches, I literally have to pee about every 30 minutes, and my feet and ankles are swollen by the end of the day.  I know... a minor price to pay for a beautiful, healthy, full term baby but I'm ready to meet this little baby!  The anticipation of going into labor is about to drive me crazy along with the thought that I could possibly have to wait 2 (or gasp...3) more weeks!

I have been doing squats and bouncing on my birthing ball daily to try to encourage him to stay low and speed things along.  At my visit last Friday my Midwife said he was low and possibly engaged in my pelvis which is a good sign.  I have a massage scheduled for tomorrow :)  When I was pregnant with Taegan several friends swore getting a massage sent them into labor and well, lets be honest if it doesn't work at least it's enjoyable (unlike drinking castor oil, which I will have to get much more desperate to actually do).  I had a massage two days before I went into labor with Taegan, I'm not sure if it was coincidence or not but what the heck?!




This has been the hottest week of the year and there doesn't look to be any relief until next week (if any then)!  So Taegan and I have been staying inside the cool AC which makes for a long day if we don't get out of the house.  This morning we got dressed and set out (destination unknown) and I got Brandon to snap these pictures before we left.  My sweet husband said "you just look miserable!"  Thanks Babe!  I do feel like I am about to POP!


Comments

  1. You look great, Brittany! Hopefully that boy will make his way into the world sooner rather than later. Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts