Farmhouse Construction - Progress Report

When I published the post "Farewell Ole' Farmhouse" my intentions were to follow the progress of the new farmhouse construction with additional posts.  However, I have been a bit occupied...what with having a baby and all!  To my defense things have happened really fast.  June was a really wet month here in Central Virginia and they were not able to start framing until the beginning of July.  So ALL of this progress has taken place in less than 60 days! 

This is going to be the perfect house for Mike and Pam (my in-laws) it has two bedrooms, one and half bathrooms, a nice open floor plan, and big front porch (which is probably where they will spend the most time).  They are so anxious to move in and it should not be long now.

This weeks happenings include:  hardwood floors, central air conditioning, wiring receptacles and lights, painting walls and trim, and much more that I am probably missing!



Front of the house.


The short side of the porch will be screened in, it looks out toward the front half of the farm and part of the cow pasture.  A perfect place to enjoy a glass of sweet tea in a rocking chair. 


Hard at work putting down the hard wood floors, the far side will be the kitchen and other side the living room. 


The back side of the house. 

Comments

  1. It’s shaping up quite nicely. I hope the construction finished up smoothly. How is it holding up, btw? I could only assume the farmhouse is complete now, and that your in-laws are already settled in. I would love to check out the finished version of this “perfect” house some time. Thanks for sharing!

    Hope Underwood @ Level and Square Construction

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts