Two Week Status Report

It is very fitting that I am typing this post with one hand while nursing Silas.  It may take me twice as long but I am determined to get these words onto "paper" or the computer screen anyway.  Blogging is like journaling for me it's therapeutic.

I promised I would share all the triumphs  and struggles on my journey from Mom of one to Mom of two so here it goes...

Two Week Status Report is brought to you by the letter "O" for Overwhelming!

Overwhelming....joy, happiness, and love!  I feel so blessed to be the Mom to not one but two beautiful healthy children.  I questioned even while I was pregnant my ability to love another child the way I love Taegan but it is amazing what you are capable of.  When I held Silas on my chest for the first time it was love at first sight.  Hormones or not every time Taegan kisses him and tells me how much she loves him it melts my heart.  This past weekend we were all sitting in the living room watching a movie and Taegan looked at Silas then looked up at Brandon and I and said "He's so...cute.  Can we keep him?"

Overwhelming...responsibility, exhaustion, and guilt!  It is mentally and physically exhausting knowing not one but two little people are depending on you for everything!  I want to meet their every need but sometimes it feels like there aren't enough hours in the day.  I am very grateful Silas sleeps good at night (knock on some hard solid wood) because I cannot imagine how much more difficult things would be if I were really sleep deprived.  The most difficult part is definitely the guilt!  Oh, dreaded Mommy guilt.  I feel guilty that I can't always be the one to give Taegan her bath, put her down for bed, or spend time sitting on the floor playing with her like I used to.  This is just the season of life we are in, in a few months we will have established a new normal and things will be much smoother but these are our challenges for now!

I am so blessed to have had Brandon home since Silas was born.  He has been a tremendous help!  He has cooked breakfast every morning, cleaned, and kept Taegan happy and entertained.  I am a little scared for Sunday...my first 24 hour shift by myself!


And what fun is a blog post without pictures?!  These are some of my favorite pictures from the past two weeks.


My Sweet Babies!


It didn't take long before Taegan started nursing her baby dolls ;)



Who doesn't love a sleeping baby?!


He is such a good Daddy and those blue eyes!  I'm a lucky lady.


Love this Little Princess!



Comments

Popular Posts