Flashback - Taegan's 2nd Birthday Party


I was looking back through all my old pictures on my computer today, smiling at all the memories and how much Taegan has grown and changed, and I came across the pictures from her second birthday party.  At the time I wasn't blogging but it was so cute and so much fun I decided to do a "flashback" post just to share.




Display of Party Favors for all the "Little Cowgirls" - Cowgirl Hats and Bandanas



Party Favors for the Adults - Cowgirl Cookies

Cowgirl Cookies Recipe

1 1/3 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 tsp. Salt
1 Cup Cooking Oats
3/4 Cup Pink M&M's
3/4 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup White Sugar
1/3-1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans (optional)

Wet Ingredients (Attach to jar with instructions)
1 Egg slightly beaten
1/2 Cup Butter slightly melted
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract

Layering Instructions
1st - Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, and Salt
2nd - Oats
3rd - M&M's 
4th - Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
5th - Brown Sugar
6th - White Sugar 
7th - Pecans

Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls.  Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. 

These jars turned out so...cute and the cookies are actually very yummy!!  For Christmas this year I actually made some with red and green M&M's for Taegan's Pre-School Teachers and topped them with Christmas fabric instead of burlap. 



The Watering Hole 


I loved the idea of using pint mason jars for cups (and it wasn't a waste of money because I can in the summer) and who doesn't love paper stripy straws!



The AWESOME Cake! {I didn't make this one myself}


S'Mores on a Stick 

Jumbo Marshmallows dipped in chocolate then rolled in crushed graham crackers.


Haystacks

Chow Mein noodles mixed with melted butterscotch morsels and marshmallows.


Veggie Cups


Pony Rides for Everyone 


The Birthday Girl 


This party was so much fun!  We live on a horse farm so I really went a little crazy, plus I love birthday parties! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts