Making Antiques - Dresser Transformation

And just like that piece #2 is complete!  I become a little obsessive, once I start a piece I spend all my free time (aka nap time) working on it until it is finished.  So...before I move on to another piece I will clean my house!  But don't you worry I have another piece lined up ;)

I did this dresser for my Mother In Law (but I would have gladly kept it).  The dresser had a mirror that attached to the top of it, I didn't take a before picture of the mirror and I was so anxious to get started I had taken off half the hardware before I realized I forgot to take a before picture...oops! 

I really enjoyed doing this piece, even more than the China Cabinet, the distressing is my favorite part. I painted this in Annie Sloan Versailles and the drawers in Annie Sloan Old Ochre. Then distressed, and applied Clear Wax and just a little Dark Wax. 

This is sitting in my In Laws laundry room and it looks fabulous there!  The pictures really don't do the detailing and colors justice.









Comments

Popular Posts