Give Thanks Always

It is not happy people who are thankful, it is thankful people who are happy. 

I'm talking to myself just as much as I am talking to each of you.  Gratitude is a choice, it doesn't just happen.  We choose to be grateful, to recognize what we have, and to express that gratitude to God and to others. 

Most of the time I chug along on cruise control, so caught up on the small minuet tasks I forget to be grateful.  Getting overwhelmed by everyday responsibilities and riding this roller coaster life sometimes takes us on.  But I've learned something recently, and I want to share it with you... It's impossible to be negative and grateful at the same time.  Try it...it doesn't work!  

Life is stressful, it beats us down, it tells us our dreams will never come true, and our best isn't good enough.  The bills roll in faster than our pay checks, we experience stress at work,  our best made plans come crashing down, kids get sick, the list goes on. 

It's easy to get overwhelmed, feelings of stress and desperation start to seep into my mind and take over my thoughts, but when I stop and start listing out the things I'm grateful for...my health, my family's health, my husband, two beautiful children, a job, a home, food in our cabinets, etc. The feeling of thankfulness slowly takes over and pushes the negative thoughts out of my mind. 

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Jesus Christ. - 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18




My arms are full but my heart overflows. 



This Love. These two. They slay me. 



We are so very blessed.  Blessed beyond measure. 

Comments

Popular Posts