Showered with Love and All Things Blue

Proper etiquette books would probably say you only get one baby shower, that being with your first child.  However, if you live south of the mason dixon and have sweet family and friends, like mine, you get a second one.

Brandon and I did pretty well at making sure all the "BIG" items we purchased for Taegan were gender neutral, knowing that if God allowed we definitely wanted more than one child.  So we didn't have to buy another carseat, stroller (although I did get a double stroller), high chair, glider, exersaucer, or nursery furniture.  However, we were definitely lacking in the clothing department.  I have four LARGE rubbermaid tubs packed with all of the clothes Taegan has outgrown, thinking there might possibly be a few gender neutral items in there I went through all of them a few days ago and found 8 onesies (6 of them being solid white), one sleeper, and one jacket!  I just loved looking through all of Taegan's old clothes, I am ashamed to say she has lots of things she only wore once and few that she never wore.  I will most definitely be keeping those clothes until I am positive we are done having babies.

I am sure everyone feels this way with there second child, and I can only imagine what it is like with your third, fourth, and so on, but I have completely procrastinated preparing for baby #2.  By the time I was "this" pregnant with Taegan I had her clothes washed and folded and put away, crib all set up, hospital bag packed, and was all ready for her arrival.  This time not so much...prior to having this fabulous shower I had only purchased 8 outfits (none of which were washed, folded, or put away).  Once I get the nursery decorated and organized I will be sure to share pictures.

My Mom, Sister, and friend Randi threw me this fabulous baby shower.  Sadly, Randi had strep throat and couldn't be at the shower but the adorable banner over the fireplace and runner on the table were two of her special touches that will now help decorate the nursery.  I received lots of cute clothes, washcloths, towels, burp clothes, blankets, bibs, lotion, shampoo, wipes, and diapers.  I can actually say that I feel a lot more "ready" for our baby's arrival and motivated to get things ready.  It finally occurred to me, hey you have a month (or less...hopefully less) before this baby is here, in your arms, what are you waiting for?!


My Mom, Sister, Grandma, and Myself (and baby)





The cake was so delicious we forgot to get a picture of it before we dug in!



Jessica and Delaney


Some of my favorite ladies.


My Aunt Stephanie, Cousin Monica, and Sister Lauren


Taegan and Delaney checking out some of Taegan's "big sister" gifts.  

Unfortunately, Taegan hasn't been feeling good, we knew she was cutting her molars and assumed that was what was going on but this past weekend she was truly miserable, so we decided it was better for her to take her nap and miss the shower than for her to miss her nap.  She was able to make a brief appearance at the end and you'd never know from this sweet smile she felt so bad.  We made a trip to the pediatricians office Monday and discovered on top of cutting 3 of her 4 molars she had a raging ear infection...her first one!  Thank the Lord for antibiotics she is already much better. 

I am so grateful for all of our friends and family who showered us with love and gifts for our sweet baby boy.  If you were paying attention you may have caught baby #2's name reveal also ;)

Comments

Popular Posts