Two's...Terrible or Tremendous

Everyone is familiar with the saying "Terrible Two's" but what really makes two's so terrible?  Some would agrue the temper tantrums combined with the lack of reasoning ability and boundless engery that is a package deal with any toddler.  Although research clearly says temper tantrums can come at one, two, three, or four in all different degrees.  The catchy cliche "terrible two's" give our two year olds a bad rap. 

While there are certainly moments and meltdowns that are dreadful, I have throughly enjoyed having a two year old and the good most definitely out weights those difficult moments (and this post is being written while we are in the process of cutting molars...yikes)!  Sometimes it is a fight to get Taegan into the bath tub and fight to get her out of the bath tub.   However, the 20 minutes in between while she is splashing around, washing her baby doll, and giggling like the little girl she is, are priceless.

First of all two year olds are so...stinking cute!  Just take a glimpse at the pictures I posted below and tell me they didn't make you smile! Their curiosity about the world around them is infectious and they give you a renewed sense of appreciation for the simple things in life...lightening bugs, dandelions, bubbles...things we as adults take for granted.  While Taegan does get in trouble and visit the time out chair, I often feel her mistakes are accidental making them easy to forgive.  Especially when she wraps those little arms around my neck and says "I sorry Mommy, I love you."  Yes...I am a sucker!

Toddlers also make excellent comedians!  I wish I could remember or capture on video all the hilarious things Taegan says and does.  Not a day goes by that Brandon and I don't find ourselves giggling like kids ourselves at something Taegan has said.  Some of her favorite things to say right now are "Good gracious...REALLY?!" or "Here's the deal!"  She also loves to ask us and anyone she meets "What's your name?" I probably answer that question 10 times a day...easily.  She recently asked the lady (who appeared to be in her 60's) checking us out at Wal-Mart what her name was, the lady replied "Shirley," Taegan then looked at me and said "Shirley, is so...cute!"

I have often been warned "oh just wait, it's really terrible three's not two's" when I've commented that I am enjoying my two year old.  But in the same breath someone will tell you treasure every moment they grow up too fast.  I know, I already miss the cuddly little baby Taegan used to be and one day I will miss the energetic toddler she is right now.  I am confident each stage of parenting has it's unique set of challenges that accompanies it and my goal is to embrace the season of life we are in right now.  I often find myself praying for patience and energy (especially at 8 months pregnant) but never wishing she would grow up any quicker than she already is. 

Taegan loves to strike a pose the trick is taking the picture before she moves on to something else ;)












Comments

  1. She is precious Brittany! Love seeing you so very happy! Relish the moments.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts