Good Bye Pacifier!

I am in utter disbelief that we have accomplished this "resolution" already and it isn't even February.  It wasn't my plan but she was ready and so it just kind of happened!

Last Friday my Mom and I went to Lynchburg with the kids.  On the way down the road, Taegan was trying to talk to us (with her paci in her mouth) and we kept saying, Taegan take your paci out when you talk.  Which lead to a conversation about how she is such a big girl and doesn't need paci's anymore.  Taegan asked, "What are we going to do with my paci's?" Thinking quick my Mom responded, "You need to put them in a bowl and save them for Lauren and Justin's baby."  The conversation continued all the way down the road.

When we got home it was time for her to take a nap...she didn't end up taking a nap though.  Sadly, naps have become hit and miss for her lately.  When I walked in her room to get her up from her "not nap" the first thing she said was "Are we going to put my paci's in a bowl now?"  Since she was so excited about doing it I couldn't tell her no, but I was a little nervous about what would happen at bedtime.  Once we made the decision to "get rid of them" I wanted to stick with it and Brandon was at work so I knew that meant I would be tackling the first night alone.

We went around the house and collected all the paci's in her little purse and then I found a bowl and she put them in it.  She was so proud of herself and didn't say anything else about them until that night.  After she brushed her teeth she asked her famous question "Where's my blankie and paci?" I said, "Your blankie's laying on the sofa and remember we put your paci's in the bowl to save them."  Much to my surprise she said, "Just blankie, right?"

Bedtime went so smooth, she never said anything else about her paci and didn't even cry!







The next morning when Brandon came home he brought her these colorful flowers for being such a big  girl and making it all night with no paci!


Sunday Brandon and I took her out for lunch and to the movie theater to see Frozen (such a cute movie) as a treat for being a big girl and giving up her paci's!  


She has done amazing this week.  I would have never guessed things would have went so smoothly, but just like any of the transitions she has made the key to her success has been, it was when SHE was ready.  Although, naptime and bedtime has taken a little longer this past week she hasn't cried for her paci's at all and hasn't even asked for the them the past two days.  I think it is finally safe for me to declare, Taegan is Paci Free!!


Comments

Popular Posts