15 Random Things You Might Not Know About Me

This is just a completely random (although most of my posts are random) post I thought would be fun.  I actually started writing it over a week ago before everyone started doing these random fact posts on Facebook, so I thought I'd go ahead a post my random facts!

15 Random Things You Might Not Know About Me

  1. {I Love to Bake} I have always enjoyed cooking.  When I was a little girl my Grandma Joy would let me satisfy my love for cooking by mixing all her spices, flour, sugar, and water together.  Usually the end result was a big mess and not edible but I would make Lauren try it anyway!  That blossomed into more edible creations in my Easy Bake Oven.  I love all forms of cooking in the kitchen but my favorite is baking sweet treats, which I'm pretty good at if I may say so myself.  I would love to be able to make money doing this hobby but for right now I am just the go to person in my family whenever it's someones birthday. 
  2. {I Strongly Prefer Even Numbers} I know this sounds crazy but when given a choice I will always pick an even number.  When I change the volume in the car or on the television I stop on an even number every time. 
  3. {I Can Drive A Tractor} I am a true country girl, prior to having Taegan I would help cut hay, rake, and teather (they would never teach me to bale).  I really enjoyed driving the tractor through the fields but now I get to stay with the babies.  When the kids are older I plan to start helping out during hay season again. 
  4. {I Have A Strong Aversion to Vomit}  Seriously...I understand no one really likes vomit but I used to freak out.  I literally wanted to run the other way if someone even said their stomach hurt.  My sister used to tell Mom not to tell me if she threw up because she knew I wouldn't want to play with her.  So how did I end up a nurse...sometimes I wonder myself.  I have come along way but it is still my least favorite bodily fluid to deal with. 
  5. {One of My Eyes is Slightly Bigger Than the Other}  Oh my gosh, I cannot believe I'm going to post this but it's true.  There isn't a huge difference but sometimes when I'm smiling in pictures it is noticeable so I've started making an effort to open my eye wider on that side when I smile so you can't tell.
  6. {I'm Legally Blind} While we're on the eye subject I might as well share that I am legally blind.  I have had glasses since the second grade and contacts since the fifth grade.  I got contacts at such a young age because my glasses were literally like Coke bottles.  I've gotten so good at taking my contacts in and out I do it in the bed without a mirror now.  I hope to one day get lasik eye surgery. 
  7. {I am Afraid of Bikes}  You are probably wondering what is so scary about a bike...right?!  Well when I was in the 5th grade I wreaked my bike, I went over the handle bars and landed on my chin.  I ended up having to go the ER and have a plastic surgeon sow my chin up with 21 stitches.  To this day I have no desire to ride a bike again.
  8. {I'm a Morning Person} If given a choice to stay up late and sleep in or go to bed early and get up early I would choice going to bed early.  Although, with two small children I rarely get to decide when I go to bed or wake up...but they are worth it!
  9. {My Favorite Color Is Blue} When I was 6 or 7 my favorite color was pink, then one day Mom asked Lauren what her favorite color was and she said pink (wanting to be like her big sister).  I got so upset that I "changed" my favorite color to blue and to this day it is my favorite color (and I really do prefer it to pink now). 
  10. {My First Vehicle Was A Truck}  My first vehicle was a silver Toyota pick-up truck, by choice. I loved that truck and drove it until it left me on the side of the road a few times when we sold it, it had over 250,000 miles on it and I cried as the new owner drove it away!  I get emotional attached to tangible things.
  11. {I'm a Procrastinator) No need for further explanation...I tend to always wait until the last minute.
  12. {I Wanted to Be A Veterinarian} When I was younger I wanted to be a veterinarian.  In a lot of ways I still prefer animals to people. 
  13. {Little House On the Prairie} I loved Little House on the Prairie when I was growing up, my favorite character was Laura.  I always wished I could live like they did and still think it would be neat.  I would love for our farm to one day be sustainable and not have to go to the store to buy food.
  14. {I Hate Octopuses} When I was younger I used to have nightmares about octopuses and to this day they creep me out. 
  15. {I Talk To My Mom Everyday} My Mom and I didn't always see eye to eye when I was a teenager (like most Mothers and Daughters).  We have different personalities and interests, my Mom and Sister have much similar personalities actually.  But ever since I had Taegan we have gotten much closer than we've ever been.  I talk to my Mom on the phone everyday and rarely go more than 3 days without seeing her.  I would hate to live far away from my family. 

Did you know all these things about me?!

Comments

Popular Posts